Cirrus Aircraft Senior Flight Instructors fly the world’s most advanced aircraft in its class in a fast-paced, exciting, and challenging environment. Primary responsibilities include providing flight and ground instruction to pilots and instructors in the industry-leading Cirrus SR2X line of aircraft. Cirrus Senior Instructors personally ensure that every client has an outstanding experience with their aircraft. Other responsibilities include flying to every corner of the United States, as well as dozens of international destinations, acting as pilot in command of Cirrus aircraft while performing CFR 14 part 91 corporate flight operations, demonstration flights, ferry flights, internal flight training and evaluation flights. Strong customer service and interpersonal skills are required. Our instructors act as the face of the company in several different capacities while delivering the highest quality of flight instruction possible. The ability to cater instructing methods to a variety of student types and personalities is a must. Senior Flight Instructors must have a solid understanding of the SR2X platforms, LMS, and training syllabus to help monitor and aid in the development of the new Club and Factory Flight Instructors.
- Provide a first point of contact for clients to ensure all of their flight training questions are answered once an order is received. Ensure that their experience is positive and place the needs and expectations of the customer first.
- Enhance flight safety by providing excellent, high quality, and standardized flight and ground instruction.
- Creatively adjust teaching methods to increase the value and effectiveness of each training opportunity.
- Maintain communication with clients as before and after flight training events.
- Escalate client and internal pilot issues to the Lead Flight Instructors.
- Perform aircraft acceptance/delivery flights.
- Facilitate maintenance and delivery/acceptance squawks on newly delivered aircraft and corporate aircraft.
- Conduct company standardization flights to ensure company pilots are operating within company standards.
- Provide flight and ground instruction per standards defined in Cirrus policy and procedure documents.
- Operate Cirrus aircraft in accordance with applicable regulations and Cirrus company policies.
- Make timely and accurate decisions regarding safety of flight.
- Manage travel expenses in accordance with Cirrus company policies.
- Provide excellent and professional customer service.
- Act as pilot in command of Cirrus aircraft while performing corporate flight missions, ferry flights, internal training flights, and demonstration flights.
- Provide factory tours to customers during the delivery and training process.
- As required, assist the domestic and international sales team in the selling process, including supporting tradeshows and other Cirrus sales events.
- Process and maintain a deep level of aircraft knowledge and be a model aviator, flight instructor, and Cirrus representative.
- Perform normal preflight and post flight inspections as well as clean, fuel, add oil and de-ice fluid, update chart subscriptions, etc.
Education and/or Experience:
- Current and active FAA certified Flight Instructors only
- 1500 hours of total flight time required
- 1000 hours acting as instructor required
- Cirrus experience required
- Equivalent CSIP or TCI required
- IFR in congested airspace, mountain flying, extensive IMC, and night experience preferred
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Overtime hours may be required.
Cirrus is dedicated to a drug free work environment promoting equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, religion, pregnancy, veteran status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, receipt of public assistance, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.